XHTML 2.0 Working Draft Available
June 2, 2005Posted by on
A working draft of XHTML version 2.0 is out. Some of the changes from version 1.1 include:
- Use of section and h elements for sections and headings.
- Use of separator element instead of horizontal rule.
- Use of l (line) instead of line breaks.
- Allow paragraphs to include lists and tables.
- Addition of nl element to create a navigation list.
- src attribute is now available for all elements.
- href attribute is now available for all elements.
- Events, such as onclick, will now be handled via XML Events.
- Forms will now be handled via XForms.
FYI — this is still a working draft and shouldn’t be considered stable.