Vista is Out/Tips & Tricks
If you haven’t yet heard, the new Microsoft operating system – Vista – is now available. If you will be purchasing a new computer or laptop, chances are good that Vista will be the preferred operating system. PCMag.com has a list of 15 tips and tricks for new Vista users. Although I have not yet upgraded to Vista, some of them look very helpful:
- How to move from the new Aero theme back to the Windows Classic theme.
- How to deal with installation interruptions.
- How to save a search and have the results continually update.
- How to create XML documents.
- Graphics cards with a lot of local memory will aid in the display.
- Apparently, the “x” in the upper right corner of each window is now gone. You can close windows by double clicking within the window. (Anywhere in the window?)
- There are now over 250 pieces of metadata that you use to display or sort within Windows Explorer.
- The Program Menu now shows you just recently used programs, not all programs.
It will be an interesting change. I’d be very interested to know how it is going for those of you who have already switched.