Podcasts from the Presidential Libraries
Each month, we broadcast historical clips from the Libraries’ collection, ranging from serious policy discussions to conversations with family members.
Listen to the voices of Presidents Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, and Clinton. We’ll add a new podcast often.
So far, they have six available:
- Carter’s address at the Panama Canal Treaty signing
- Kennedy’s speech to the first group of Peace Corps volunteers
- Truman’s address to the American people after signing the terms of unconditional surrender by Japan
- Eisenhower’s speech concerning the sending of Federal troops to Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas
- The Johnson’s phone call the evening of August 4, 1964, e.g., attack in the Gulf of Tonkin and the killing of three Civil Rights leaders
- The Nixons discuss the arrival of two pandas from the People’s Republic of China
What a great way to expose the Archives’ collections to the public!