Study of Public and Academic Library Blogs
Walt Crawford has analyzed hundreds of public and academic library blogs. He then provides metrics in two separate reports based on the active blogs he’s found. Both reports are quite interesting. See where you fit in!
Public Library Blogs: 252 Examples — $20 for download; $29.50 for paperback
Academic Library Blogs: 231 Examples — $20 for download; $29.50 for paperback
At this blog, Crawford provides some of the basic data he found during his research:
- How he chose the blogs used
- How often libraries posted to their blogs
- The total number of words in the 3-month study
- Number of words per post
- How many comments appeared in the 3-month study
- Number of comments per post
- How many illustrations appeared in the 3-month study
- Number of illustrations per post
Each point above is discussed in a separate blog post, so you’ll need to click through his posts to see all the discussion.