TSLAC Awards Digitization Grants
The TexTreasures grant from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission supports the digitization of special and unique collections of photographs, newspapers, interviews and other historical documents, making them more accessible to all.
Of the 28 proposals, 8 were funded:
- Houston Public Library — Preserve and make videos of significant Houstonians.
- University of North Texas and Center for American History at UT-Austin — Microfilm, digitize and provide free public access to the earliest Texas newspapers held by the Center.
- Texas State University — Create online exhibit about the seige of the Branch Davidians at Mount Carmel in 1993.
- Austin History Center — Digitize Hubert Jones collection of 471 glass plate negatives containing subjects local to Austin and Texas.
- UT-Arlington – Digitize and describe 60 oral history interviews with notable Tejanos and Tejanas from across Texas.